Today is our 2 year anniversary. I can't believe it, it seems like it's been way longer than that! I'm not sleepy tonight for some reason...perhaps it's the overdose of diet coke I had today or just a little reminiscing bug that's nagging at me....but anyway I thought I should post a little something about this VERY special day!
Our wedding day was really fun, and we had a wonderful time with our family and friends. The best part though was that I finally got to marry Brett. After a year and half of dating I was ready for him to be officially mine. I think it's good for me to remember how much I was in love with this tall and handsome man from just about the time we met. I'm still "in love" with him, but it's different now....it's even better in some ways.
We got married in The White Chapel. It's an old LDS meetinghouse across the street from the Utah State Capitol. It had a lot of charm. One of my favorite parts was the bell tower. Colby ran up the stairs and rang the bell after we were officially pronounced "man and wife". It was a priceless moment.
This is Colby in his little Tux coming down the stairs after he rang the bell! He was only five and was so cute. I am really glad that he got to be a part of the wedding. I know it made him feel important. He also walked me down the aisle with my dad and they both gave me away!
Here's me and Brett with Colby, right after the ceremony.
Here's our first official family photo. We are so lucky and blessed to have a little daughter now too! Jolie, you fit perfect with our little family and we love you!
Here's Jolie eating her foot and playing with her big brother. I can't get enough of this.


9 comments:
That made me cry! That was a wonderful day! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!!! Isn't it so crazy that 2 years seems so much longer with second marriages??? I love Micah way more in just 2 years than I could ever have dreamed of with my ex. Second marriages are harder....just because of the extra baggage....but they are so much more wonderful at the same time. You looked so beautiful in your wedding dress & how fun for Colby to be in the wedding. Cam & Austin walked me down the aisle as well and they were just 2 & 4 years old! Crazy! Anyhow, have a wonderful anniversary and hope you got some sleep lastnight--thanks for all your sweet comments!!!
It was such a great day! I loved your wedding! I hope you had a great anniversary dinner, too!! :)
I'm so glad you found us on Jamie's blog (this is Kristy.) I can't believe it's already been two years. Congratulations! Jolie is so cute and I can't believe how big Colby is. You're great and I'm glad that life is so great. :)
Ah, you know I love the sap! Your pictures are just as beautiful as when I scrapbooked them- LOL- I miss you!
So cute!! I think you guys make the sweetest little couple. Oppistes attract right?
I am so glad you posted that! It was so fun to see pictures from that happy day! Thanks!
I loved reading this post! Congrats on 2 years!
Congratulations!!! I loved looking at the pictures, weddings are so fun!
Post a Comment