Monday, July 14, 2008

Jolie Update!

I just wanted to give a little Miss Jolie update. She is 8 1/2 months now and she has been sitting up really well for awhile and is becoming more and more interactive. She understands the word "clap" and will perform on cue! She likes patty cake and the clapping song. She will also wave at us but only if we stop waving at her first. I think she likes to watch us waving and can't concentrate on waving herself until we are done. It's really funny. She can roll over from her stomach to her back but most of the time she chooses not to. She is good at wiggling and reaching to get the things she wants, but she isn't ready to crawl yet which is fine with me. Crawling and walking can only lead to trouble so we will let her work up to that at her own pace!

Jolie also goes back and forth about whether or not she likes solid food. She doesn't have any teeth yet so she is still really limited to squishy stuff. She does like graham crackers, gerber puffs, cheerios, fruit loops, AND cheese. Sometimes she likes baby food (rice cereal etc.) and sometimes her lips are sealed! This morning she ate almost half of a pear and she seemed to like that but who knows if she'll go for that again. Everyday is a guessing game!

Some days she is really clingy and I don't get much done but she is getting more interested in toys and she loves to play with us and is always trying to grab Meatloaf. She is really cute.

This first video is of her clapping talents...I have no idea why the volume won't work so I'll try and figure it out!

Here's a video of Jolie eating a squishy ball. She thought it was the best thing ever!

8 things I love at 8 months--

1. Jolie almost always wakes up happy and she's happy to see me.

2. She is notorious for pinching. Jolie AKA "Pinchey," but I love it when she grabs my arm and looks up at me and smiles so cute.

3. Sometimes when she talks she uses a gruff little voice like she's growl-talking.

4. She is really cute in the water whether it's the tub, the pool or the shower she is a splasher!

5. Sometimes when I say to her "give me a kiss!" she'll open her mouth to give me a classic baby kiss.

6. She loves Colby so much and meatloaf!

7. She says dadadadad!

8. She is fun to tickle and play with

4 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

She's adorable, I can't wait to meet her in person!

Steph said...

I love what you wrote...I love Jolie at 8 months too. Ali and Zach had to check out your blog tonight also (on our brand new computer) and kept saying, oh look Jolie is so cute...I love her...oh look at her...etc. etc. etc. Thanks for keeping us all updated since we can't be there to bug you every day.

Alysia Cook said...

She is a cutie!!! By the way, why do you keep tagging me, you know I suck at that?

Unknown said...

What a cutie! That is such a fun age! Sorry to be a slacker on the tag. I just read that you tagged me. Give me a couple of days to think of something . . .