Here's Brett and Jolie in front of the line for the Chuck Wagon Breakfast--A Riverton City tradition!! We had pancakes, ham, eggs, hashbrowns, juice and milk. It was so fun. I was so glad to see some of my friends too. Allison was there at the end of the race and I ran into a few more people from high school which was great.
After the breakfast Brett heard some horse power off in the distance so we wandered over to the arena and found that they were doing an ATV RODEO. Lucky--I know. Anyway, it really was funny and I'm glad that Brett got to see something he liked, especially after sitting through the hot parade! In this shot, the guys are doing the ribbon race with a pair of panty hose. They have to race around the barrels without dropping or ripping the panty hose. A few of them actually made it through the whole pattern.
This is the rescue race. The driver goes down and around a barrell and then his rescuee jumps on this carpet and is drug back to the beginning. In a regular 4-H show all of this would be done on horses. In fact, ALL of my sisters were State champions doing all this stuff! (not me)!
Here's one of the competitors that didn't make it back on the rug. That's a mess.
Brett and I also went to see Hancock and then I got to hang out with Allison while I made a big pasta salad for our family barbecue. Allison is always good company. We laugh a lot when we're together--it's just always a good time.
Anyway, we went up to Hilerie and Kenny's for dinner and then we watched fireworks off of their deck. I think we could see like 5 different shows from where they live. It was such a great day. I'm so glad that we were able to spend it with people we love. I'm also very grateful for our country and for the freedom's that we enjoy.
4 comments:
What are the odds that an ATV Rodeo would be going on? That would be a tender mercy to Good Sport Brett...
Super fun 4th! For some reason I thought you were in Texas??? Anyhow, we are doing FHE at the park tonight...give me a call! :)
Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!
Congratulations on your race! I don't remember if I told you that day. Allison is so lucky to have such good friends as you. Thanks, Steve
Post a Comment