This first recipe is for Crepes Suzette. I discovered this little jewel in preparation for the crepe class I taught on Monday. It is so good that you might freak out. If you like orange, and are looking for something that will impress your friends and family try this out. Serve this warm, and pick up some vanilla ice cream to go with the crepes and you will be in heaven.
Vanilla Crepes
Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
1TB Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
In a blender combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, sugar, vanilla and oil. Process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and brush with oil. Pour 1/4 cup of crepe batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan. Cook 2 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
Easy Crepes Suzette
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
Combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and orange juice concentrate in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes more. Drop each crepe into the sauce and turn over. Fold in fourths and serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Sorry the picture isn't better, but hopefully you get the point...

I really like this recipe because it's pumpkin pie spicy and delicious. The chocolate offsets the bread perfectly and I have to admit that Jolie and I finished an entire mini loaf ourselves. I would tell you that Jolie ate as much of it as me, but that would be a lie.
Ingredients:
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and chocolate chips. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
3. Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Here's just one more that I got from my friend Lisa many years ago....it's delicious and perfect for summer.
BBQ Ranchero Chicken Salad
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
½ c bottled barbecue sauce
6 cups torn lettuce leaves
2 med tomatoes, chopped
6 oz shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
½ c canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (2.5 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 c bottled ranch dressing
1 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp ground cumin
Brush both sides of chicken with barbecue sauce; grill or broil about 5 inches from heat source 6 minutes per side, or until juices are clear.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, 3/4 c cheese, bell pepper, corn, beans, olives and onions; mix well. Combine dressing, chile powder and cumin in separate bowl; mix well. To serve, divide lettuce mixture onto 6 plates. Cut chicken crosswise into ½ inch thick slices; arrange over lettuce. Drizzle salads with dressing ad sprinkle with remaining cheese. Makes 6 servings.

I tag Kareena, Alysia, Stephanie, Allison, Hilerie, Andrea, Christy, Jamie, Jenny AND Christa (I need some new recipes)
4 comments:
these look great....but I think I still need to come and learn from you! :) Thanks for doing the tag!!! I knew you would come through with some great stuff! :)
Ok I'll do a new and exciting recipe, I guess I can't use the standard Mormon cookbook, eh??? Maybe I'll check with my friend Kelsey Nixon!
new blogger idiot question. . .when I am tagged, what the crap am I supposed to do?
By the way, LOVE the videos of yummy J, I'm also going to need a lesson on doing that!
well not sure what i can come up with that would be yummy for you...but i will try and think of something.
Post a Comment