Take a good look at this picture! This is me with my friend Amy Pearson. She ran the race with me--well sort of. We met there and started together for about 10 seconds. I told Amy to have a good race and she took off and I stayed toward the back of the pack. Amy ended up winning 1st place woman overall. I can't believe it--I know her! I am so proud of her, she really inspires me and keeps me motivated. Last year when Alysia and I were training for our 10k race Amy encouraged us so much. We would be running 4 miles and she would be doing 10 and she'd still tell us we were super cool! Now I can do it too and it's because of people like her helping me find my inner runner ha! Congratulations Amy--you are the most awesome fo shiz! Almost time to start! I have to say that the course was so well run this year (no pun intended) ha! There was a pancake breakfast for our families and then there were the perfect number of aid stations with water, gatorade, GU, oranges, bananas and cheering volunteers. I'm kind of a nerd but when I would reach a group of volunteers I would ask, "hey, do you guys have any High Fives?" Needless to say, there was a lot of fiving that occurred during the race. It made me smile and kept me pumped up.
Here we are after the race--I look like I ran 13.1 miles. I actually finished happy and I was able to walk which is such a bonus. I got Jolie who was extra excited to see me and I took her with me into the refreshment area so we could be refreshed. It was awesome. They had watermelon, oranges, bananas, Great Harvest Bread, Subway sandwiches and Jamba lemonade. They were giving free massages too, but I didn't wait in line. Jolie and I shared some fruit and bread and we took a sandwich out to Brett! Colby was busy loading up on the free chicken teryaki from The Teryaki Bowl. He said, "mom this is even better than your spaghetti," and then he went to get bowl number 4 I think. He's so funny!
I got my wish too, it has been a beautiful weekend! We planted our garden yesterday and went to Blackfoot Pride Days today. I forgot to take my camera with me into the park so just imagine a picture of me eating a free baked potato at the 20th Annual Blackfoot Potato Feed. Good times.
Hanging out on the swing--I think it's finally summer.
4 comments:
Ade, I have to say you inspire me. Uber talented, girl!
You never cease to amaze me! Truly wonderful and many congrats on an awesome race!!!
Way to go again! You inspire me too. I wish I could train with you. Not that I am training for anything but I would maybe like to start and I wish we lived by each other so I could trail behind you.
You look great!!
Post a Comment