Monday, June 9, 2008

Baking With Chef Adrienne--Class #1!

I decided to teach a series of classes for kids this summer and today was my first baking class! To get ready I've been putting recipe books/portfolios together for the girls and I also ordered these adorable aprons from my sister in each of their favorite colors! I truly want this to be a program I can repeat AND I want it to be super FUN! Anyway, today I had 10 girls, ages 10-14 and it was a great success! The girls all looked so cute and they were excited to get started. Most of them walked to my house together, and it was great to open the front door and see a bunch of smiles.

So today we learned about the French pastry dough, pate a choux, and we made cream puffs, eclairs and swans. I also taught them how to make 2 cream fillings and chocolate ganache. All the girls had a good time and I was very impressed with how attentive and excited they were to bake with me. I can't wait til next week!

Maren with her pastries!

Madelyn with her swans a swimming!

Jessi piping eclairs and swans


Nicolle posing for the camera in between dance moves.


I remember being 10 years old and how much I loved to cook even then! All the girls did great and I'm glad that I get to teach them a little somethin'--It really makes me happy.

3 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

Sooo much fun! I can't wait till next week either....feel free to drop off any leftovers! :) You are so awesome to do this & I am sure the girls had such a blast....hopefully in the future you will teach us old gals something too! :)

brandenyan said...

I want to be in your class, too! I think your class is a big hit!

Alysia Cook said...

I think you are awesome!! I can't wait until Kaylee can take your class, that is, if you'll have her - ha,ha.