Well I don't have any pictures for this one--dang it! You could have seen me bawling my bloody eyes out, because Colby left this morning for Spokane to spend a few weeks with his dad. His step-mom came and got him this morning at Jensen's Grove and I cried before we got there, when he was getting ready to leave and then I proceded to sob on Brett's chest after he was gone. Wow. I know it's only 3 weeks, but Spokane seems really far away and I miss him already.
After little guy left I ran a 10k with my friend Kaylynn Gorder. So, if there were pictures, you could have seen me sweating my guts out too. I was so glad Kaylynn could run with me. I went into her shop on Friday and said--Kaylynn I know you just ran 9 miles yesterday but I think you should run a 10k with me tomorrow! She totally agreed and little did I know she was doing a bread cutting for the runners of the race anyway--YAY!
Kaylynn is about 8 inches taller than me which gives her an awesome, way longer stride than me and plus she's in great shape, so she totally could have left me in the dust--BUT NO! She stayed with me and helped me set a new PR! I finished in 1:03 and averaged 10:07 miles. I know it was because of Kaylynn. She really pushed me and it was AWESOME! She really made a bad day better for me, and I hope we can run together more often.
After the race I went home and got ready for a day out with Jolie. Brett went "riding" with his buddies so I took Jolie to Babe's and then we went shopping and to the movies. Colby got to Washington just fine, and said that the drive wasn't too bad... :) I hope I don't get too lonely without him though! I just miss having him around already.
2 comments:
The first few days are the worst....and then they get a little better, but not much! I am so sorry that Colby left today...I know how hard it is!!! I'm here for you if you need it! We should get the babies together....Gabe is desperate for some attention from someone other than me....he's going NUTS without his brothers here! Hang in there...the 3 weeks will go faster than you think! And hello...you did a 10K today??? Girl, you are so amazing! I just don't know how you do it....and it was so HOT! WOW! You should be so proud of yourself!!!
So sad!!! Does John live in Spokane now? Those berry tirimasu's look so yummy. I love berries and cream. Remember when you make all those desserts for our bbq get together? YUM!
Post a Comment