Today was baking class #2 ! We learned The ART of Authentic Strudel Making! Once again--I had a fabulous time. I was hoping that the girls would LOVE stretching strudel dough as much as I do and... I think they did!

Cutting the apples for the filling with this peeler/corer/slicer was one of the highlights for the girls. It was very fun to watch them be so excited about cutting their own apples. They also ate the long peels and also attempted jump roping with them. The floor got a little sticky but it was quite entertaining.

Here are all the girls with our GIANT STRUDEL after it was rolled and before it was cut. When the dough was all the way stretched out it covered the entire surface of the table and it was thin enough to read through! That is what makes it so flaketaculous. (I made up that word). This strudel was cut into 3 pieces and baked. It was perfect and the girls did a great job stretching it gently.

Here's Kadie with her slice of Apple Strudel--handmade with love!
Whitney took her piece home for her sister Jessi because she doesn't like fruit!

Here's a finished piece we took to Linda (my neighbor who was watching Jolie). She said that Jolie took almost a 2 hour nap! I was so relieved that she wasn't naughty the whole time! Jolie got to meet the girls at the end of class today and she wasn't quite sure how to react to all of the attention she was getting! She got passed around to everyone! I have to say, this was another great class. There are some really fun and talented little girls here in Idaho :).
2 comments:
Oh YUMMY! I didn't get a sample today though!?! you are such a great teacher and I love that you are doing this for these girls!!!
I want to come to your cooking class!! Yummy fun! It looks like you guys have been doing a lot of fun things. Don't you love summer?
Post a Comment