Friday, October 10, 2008

The Willows


I keep forgetting my camera so sometimes my camera phone has to do. Yesterday I went on Colby's walking field trip to The Willows, which is an assisted living nursing home in Blackfoot. The whole third grade went and they sang their little hearts out for the residents there. I was really proud of the kids for doing such a great job. Every person was smiling, some were singing along and tapping their feet or clapping to the beat. I was a little choked up especially when Jolie caught the eye of a sweet Granny with her cute smile. I know that this type of service needs to be done regulary, and I want to make sure that I instill that in my children!

2 comments:

Yennigirl said...

It sounds like you guys have been having fun- good for you!

Steph said...

I must agree to that! Especially since I used to work in nursing homes. It just brightens their whole day to have visitors. Something so small yet so big for them.