I've reached the end of another great summer of cooking classes. This year I had 32 kids in 4 classes and I am extremely pleased with how well everyone did and how smoothly each week went. I want to thank the kids for being so good and eager to cook and their wonderful parents for supporting my little baking academy! I appreciate all of you and look forward to doing it all again next year.
Monday/Tuesday

This week in my Monday and Tuesday classes we made cupcakes. I love cupcakes because they are so fun and versatile. We made two kinds, devil's food with chocolate truffle icing and vanilla with strawberry
butter cream. They were good. I especially loved the vanilla cupcake recipe--they were fluffy and melt-in-your mouth perfect.

Here's my cute Tuesday class (ages 10-12) with their cupcakes.
Wednesday/Thursday

On Wednesday and Thursday I had a pizza party for each class. We made our own pizza dough and sauce and then we made
individual pepperoni pizzas. We also made fruit pizza for dessert. This is my Wednesday class, there were 7 boys and 3 girls in this class. They loved the pizza!

Pepperoni Pizza--I think this was one of their favorite classes.

Fruit Pizza--yum :)

Today with my little chefs, we read "The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza" by Philemon
Sturges. We also made both kinds of pizza and the kids had a great time. I love these little kids, they were so fun to cook with. Anyway, I really had a great time and I'm ready to put my feet up now. Any recipe requests? Send to
chefada@yahoo.com and happy baking/cooking!
5 comments:
WAH- I wish I lived in the area, my kids would love the classes, and Alice would relish that she would be your favorite student!
We miss you- We'll be going to Quintana this weekend or next to pick up the backpack and have fun!
I am hungry looking at your blog! Wahoo! You did a great job with your classes! Love ya!
That made my mouth water!! YUM!
looks like a blast. when scout is of age i hope you're still doing this. ...and i hope we live closer to each other. :)
I nominated you for an AWARD on my blog. :) Check it out, cause you know, we are BFFs.
Post a Comment