Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cooking Class--Week 3

It's Thursday afternoon and cookie week has come to an end! We had a great time this week making several kinds of cookies....some of my very favorites!

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday our first project was fortune cookies. The kids were really funny coming up with their fortunes. This is an over sized one I made for Brett so I could tell him how "fortunate" I am to have him as a husband ;)


We also made sugar cookies on a stick and decorated them with colored butter cream and sprinkles. Fresh sugar cookies are so good. I ate too many this week! This is Hannah with her creation.

Here's Brandi with hers too--I loved her polka dot design!


Here's cute Taylor


And Calie! We also made cowboy cookies in the Monday and Tuesday class, but I didn't get a pic!

On Tuesday the kids had a little more time to decorate, so I got some fun pictures of their creations before they were gobbled up. This is Kadie, she is a sweetheart!


This is Cameron, he is always so excited about what we are doing and he loves to help with dishes. How can you go wrong with a kid like that!

Here are Anika's cookies. I loved her "Mr. Crab's" cookie so much that I had to get a close up!

Here's the artist with her cookies!

Rachel with her fortune cookie and all of her sugar cookies!


This is Gregg, his class is Wednesday and is mostly boys! We have such a good time together and they have been really good for me. Gregg has the best stories and he is a good little chef.

This is Riley! Riley can barely stand to save anything to show his mom because he wants to EAT it ALL before he leaves class! He is a good kid and the oldest in this bunch.

Here's Jace with his beautiful flower cookie--good job Jace!

Here's Hailee with her cookies!

and finally Jacob with his cookie too!



Last but not least was the youngest group of little chefs. Today we read, "If you Give a Mouse a Cookie" by Laura Numeroff. We also listened to the "Mouse Cookies" song and danced a little! What a perfect way to start a cooking class! I'm just glad they liked it because I think this group is very fun to play with.


First we measured, mixed, scooped, and baked my favorite peanut butter cookies. They are called monster cookies (we called them monster mouse cookies), and they just happen to be gluten free. You would never know--they are so good. Thanks to Allison (my gluten free bff) for sharing that one!

After we got done with the Monster Mouse Cookies, we frosted sugar cookies! This is the whole group! Lacy, Cory, Genevie, Kaylee, Kassidee, and Asher. They are all great kids.

Today Lacy asked me why I didn't have a hat and apron on! So I obliged and put my old chef hat on with my apron! I think they thought it was funny, especially when I was doing the Mouse Cookie dance! Thanks everyone for a great week.

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

You are so fun! I wish my boys could be in your class....they love to cook and make cookie! Are you going to do any during the school year???

Yennigirl said...

YUM! I NEED (notice the capital letters) that monster cookie recipe. PB are my favs.