It's Chocolate week! Yesterday and today we made modeling chocolate, chocolate mousse and
chocolate cups. Modeling chocolate is a paste or dough that is made from chocolate and corn syrup. It has the consistency of a tootsie roll and can be molded and shaped into various shapes and decorations. Modeling chocolate is really fun to play with and I was impressed with the creativity the kids displayed as they were working with it. Seriously, I wish I would have taken more pictures!

Here are some hearts and flowers the kids made. I am saving these ones to decorate the cupcakes we will be making during week 4.

Here is the finished product, a chocolate cup filled with chocolate mousse and some chocolate roses that I made. (Before Jolie saw it!) And now a true story from after the little chefs went home:
Jolie and the Mousse
by Adrienne Yancey
Once upon a time (around 12:15 pm on Tuesday) there was a beautiful chocolate cup filled with
a generous scoop of a light, yet richly decadent chocolate mousse.

Jolie saw the mousse and repeatedly shouted "cream, cream" until it was presented to her on her high chair tray. She decided to try one bite.

She took another bite, and another, until finally the mousse was gone!

Jolie soon discovered that the bowl could be eaten too, so she took one bite.

Then she took another bite, and another, until the chocolate bowl was nearly gone too!
Jolie's mom, who was worried about seeing the mousse again later that afternoon in the form of throw up, tried to take the dessert away from her several times but to no avail. Jolie finished the whole thing by herself despite it's powerful richness. It was crazy, and it stayed down along with the hot dog and fruit Jolie had eaten for lunch. So really, they all lived happily ever after.
THE END
Moral of the story: Live every day like it's CHOCOLATE week!
2 comments:
I don't blame her for eating the whole thing!... it looks yummy :) Seriously if you offered classes in SL I would be be there in a heart beat!
Those desserts all look amazing and tasty. Very cute picture of Jolie. I wish you guys still lived around here, Tyson would LOVE to take a cooking class. He is always begging me to help cook.
Post a Comment