Friday, July 10, 2009
Cooking Class--Week 1 part 2
On Wednesdays I teach a 2 hour class and have a group of boys and girls (mostly boys!) that are ages 7-9. On Thursdays I have a small group of 4-7 year olds and they come for and hour and 15 minutes. The Wednesday class was a little rowdy but so fun for the kids.
Here's Asher in his cute hat and cherry apron getting ready to wash his hands for class.
For the younger kids, we learned about yeast and how to make bread dough. Here's Kaylee and Lacy rolling there dough for pigs in a blanket.
We also made lemon cream pies and apple pies with cinnamon struesel. This is Genevie and she was so proud of her creations.
I also incorporated a storytime for the youngest group and I think they really liked it. This week we read "More Pies" by Robert Munsch and "Pigs on a Blanket" by Amy Axelrod. They both went along with what we were making and it was funny to hear the kids talk about the stories while we were cooking. All I can say is... cute cute kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, um....I understand that I can't take your classes....but recipes, man! Just share recipes!!!
Looks like fun! What a great thing for Blackfoot!
Post a Comment