We had lunch with Colby's dad and then we stopped at the doughnut shop next door before we headed back to Idaho. All the way home, if Colby leaned forward to talk to me, Jolie would yell "BUBBA BUBBA!" and kick him in the back until he would pay attention to her. She really missed him and was glad that she could play with him again. When we got back to Blackfoot, we had about an hour to chill before Brett got home from work. We decided to go out to dinner so we headed to Five Guys Burgers and Fries up in Ammon. It was a great day and even better that Colby was back!
THE MESS!
I take full responsibility for the following incident. Jolie was playing so well in the living room with her toys, that I stole away for a few minutes to get some work done in my room. I promise I was only in there for about ten minutes. It was about ten minutes too long. Jolie has discovered how to open the child locks in the kitchen and she got a box of cake flour out of my lazy susan and did this:
She also stood on her step stool and got into a tub of margarine that I had left on the counter from breakfast. She used it like lotion. It was a mess.
A Cake For Ava!
Today is our friend Ava's birthday. She is 2, so just a little bit older than Jolie. I'm good friends with her mama and she asked me if I would make a chocolate cake for the party. This is what I came up with, chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling and chocolate cream cheese butter cream. I know it's going to be rich--I hope they enjoy it. Happy Birthday Ava!
5 comments:
We already really miss Colby! It looks like Jolie is a little pastry chef. Adorable chocolate cake, by the way. It makes me hungry.
I can't believe Jolie could do that in such little time! LOL She is so cute. She is going to take after her mom. So cute!...but I am glad I didn't have to clean it up.
I did stuff like that when I was Jolie's age...my most famous was smearing my entire bedroom and myself with vaseline! You took pictures and made it a postive experience...you are a great mama! My mom scrubbed me hard! Glad Colby is back..he looks as handsome as ever.
sounds like a good time! we miss Colby too!
A word to the wise. . .if Ade makes you a cake for any event. . .send the left over cake home with someone!!!! Unless you want to eat it at 11:30 p.m., for breakfast, a bite or six right of the cake sheet throughout the day or wake up at 4 a.m. thinking of the blasted piece of chocolate heaven!!! Sooooooo delish.
Ade, my head thanks you a ton. . .my ass--not so much!!
Post a Comment