Well we just got home from a 7 day vacation in sunny Houston! The temperature was above 100 degrees every day and it was also very humid. That was a shocking transition from the rainy and cold spring/summer weather we had been having in Blackfoot. Despite the heat, we had a great time!
Colby had testing in the Medical Center for the Spina Bifida research project he is participating in, so we made a vacation out of it--no Colby doesn't have spina bifida (he's in the control group) and YES Brett made the trip this year too.
I wasn't very good at taking pictures of everything we did. Brett and I were able to visit the Holocaust museum which is a very humbling and thought provoking place but not a place I felt comfortable snapping pictures. We also enjoyed some good food and shopping at the Galleria Mall which is the biggest shopping district I've ever been in or seen. You can find anything there.
I think we ate every meal like it was our last and that was really fun but now I need to get back to the gym! I just need to briefly mention that Brett will never be the same after all of the options and good food we ate. I don't think I could name a favorite because every place we went was on my list of must eats. I know Brett loved the Tex-Mex and the Barbecue though--how could you not!
Quintana Beach, TX
NASA
Houston Children's Museum
Houston Museum of Health
Marriott Springhill Suites
I just want to say a little something about the hotel we stayed in. It was great. We loved the living room with the flat screen TV and the hot breakfast every morning. It was really nice to have a kitchen too!
The Water Wall
YIKES!
Hi Frog
BEES! Right now Jolie calls every bug she sees a bee. These really are bees, so she got it right!
Texas MillitaryMuseum
They said it was AWESOME. I took their word on that!
We did not see or get eaten by any alligators this year. We did not have to use the alligator safety manual either. The alligators were smarter than us and knew that it was way too hot to be walking on the surface of the sun--I mean out of the water in Houston.
"The guy who lived here, John Milkovisch, had lived here for 20 years when he decided to repave his driveway and put some marbles in it for decoration. He liked it so much he decided he'd do his whole yard like that and then he wouldn't have to mow his lawn any more. When John got that done, he decided to make use of the apparently many cans of beer that he drank, so he started cutting them up and using them for siding. He figured he'd never have to paint his house again. After he got that done (his wife told him the INside of the house was OFF limits) he decided to do a little decorating around the yard.
Much to John's surprise, after they had covered their house up, their electrical bill went down! Who knew? And no part of the can went to waste. He put the tops and pull tabs in chains hanging from the roof and it makes the prettiest sound in the wind." Thanks Jenny!!
8 comments:
That was an awesome post!!Looks like you had a ton of fun! I'm glad Brett got to expand his horizons!!
I feel like I was there- Great Blog Baby!
oh my goodness Ade... you guys did so much while on vacation! I loved reading and looking at all your pictures. I bet your happy to be out of the humidity! :) miss you!!
I forgot to throw a shout out to Kareena. She took us to Chuy's for dinner right when we got to Houston and Colby got to go and play at their house overnight. She met us again at the children's museum and we played and played. I miss you already Kareena!
Wow! Looks like you guys had an awesome vacation. I can't believe how big your kids are getting! But then again, I can't believe how big Tyson is either!
It was great to see you! And thanks for the ideas of new places to go and things to see and do! Should we meet at Ruggles next year?
P.S. That's funny that you thought it was humid because we were saying how "dry" it's been! HA!
WOW! How did you pack that many things in a weeks vacation?? Sounds and looks like you had a blast! It is nice when you know the area well enough to find all the fun spots!
Looks like a great time! :) Yay for a little vacation....with LOTS of great pictures!!!! :)
Post a Comment