Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wedding Season

Last night was my first wedding at the Rose River Reception Center. It went very well and I was really pleased with how everything turned out! They wanted a dessert buffet, so I made about 1200 pieces. Even though yesterday was busy, I had a great time and I'm glad that I can continue doing something that I love. I want to recognize Brett too--he was a great help! He took the kids to the park and made several trips to the reception center for me. He did anything that I needed without complaint and it really helped me have a successful day. Colby was an awesome helper too! He folded boxes, cut strawberries for the cheesecake and helped me put pecans on the Turtle Cheesecake. Jolie ate berries and chocolate, was in a good mood for daddy, and she took a nap when she was supposed to--what a good girl! I'm glad I have a great family that supports me--Thanks guys!

This is Jessica Deru...she is my little prodigy! She was my assistant for the day, and she helped out with all of the finishing work. She helped dip strawberries and eclairs, she sliced kiwis and helped with the fruit tartlets. I was so proud of her, she did a great job.

Fresh Fruit Tartlets



Milk chocolate brownies and eclairs

Eclairs again...because they're my favorite


The colors were green and blue--here are some little sugar cookies.

Chocolate covered strawberries

Turtle Cheesecake (chocolate, caramel and pecans) and New York Style Cheesecake

15 comments:

Pratt Fam said...

Wow! Looks yummy!

Allison Claire said...

It all looks so yummy! Everything turned out great! Awesome job Ade!! Love ya :)

Kellee said...

Wow those pictures are making me so hungry! they look so good!

Micah and Jen said...

Oh yummy! I am so happy for you to get to do something you love....and are soooo super good at! :) Great job and it looks AMAZING....you can always send any leftovers my way! :)
PS--So fun to sit and chat with you today! :)

SweetmamaK said...

Beautiful! Great Job!

Alysia Cook said...

You...are...AWESOME!!!!!

Joe and Victoria said...

You are so good at what you do! I love it :) It looks so good!!

Christy said...

I will have to say that you are hired. Are you free Aug 28, 2010... ha ha ha.. I want one of those eclairs, will you mail it to me :)

Melissa said...

You are so talented...everything looks so perfect and I know it tasted yummy!!! Meaghan can't wait to take cooking classes...she even asked if you would give her private lessons or lessons with 1 or 2 other people....

Yennigirl said...

YUM! my mouth is watering right now! You do good work girl!! My birthday is in October by the way . . . :)

Drea said...

wow ade!! You make me want to get married all over again! I need those treats please!! I am so proud of you~ You rock... When I grow up I wanna be just like you.

The WIlloughby Family said...

Look at you Go Girl!! You amaze me with your baking skills...I remember chatting for hours about this last summer and look at you now. They look AWESOME and I wish I knew the bride and groom just so I could go to the reception!!! You do have a great family by the way, the little Jolie can come my way anyday, she is too cute!

Steph said...

Just like Rachel Ray would say

YUM-O!!!

Cindy said...

It looks amazing I'm I'm sure tasted amazing as well. I wish I could have had you cater mine for sure. Can you please teach me how to bake like you?! ha ha!

Julia said...

such skill! such wit! such beauty!

... i miss your face. so glad i'll be seeing it in June.