Saturday, May 2, 2009

Law Day 10K

Today I ran a 10k! It was the first race of the Pocatello Summer Series that I've signed up for and it was great! I was able to start the race with some of my girlfriends which always makes a race more fun. Amy Pearson ran the 10k with me and Alysia Cook ran the 5k with her good friend Annie. I haven't been running consistently since August, I've mostly been doing classes and working out at the gym, so i was pleased to discover that I beat my own 10k PR and finished at about 1:02. I have to wait for the results to be posted to get the exact time. That's one of the great things about running--you can see improvements in yourself and work to hit that next PR. When you beat yourself there is a sweet sense of victory and it's like getting a trophy (in your mind) ha! I love it.

Just so you know, Amy finished 3rd in our age division! After she finished she turned around on the course and came to find me and she ran in with me. I was so happy to see her! She is my hero! I love that she is so fast, wonderful and humble. She always encourages me with my running and I am so glad that she is my friend--Amy you are amazing!


We didn't get any pictures at the race which was a bummer. It started to POUR RAIN shortly after I finished my run and it got pretty cold. There was great food and fabulous prizes at the end, so I encourage anyone who wants to run with us to register. Do it, Do it!

1 comment:

Joe and Victoria said...

Great job Ade.... you are an inspiration!