Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Testing Day and Visiting Old Friends

Wednesday was the testing day for Colby. He was determined to get it done so he didn't take any breaks, he even ate his lunch while they were asking him questions! These are the three people that are in charge of the program Joey, Maria and Sari. I really am grateful for this opportunity and they have been so good to us.

Here's Colby with his prize at the end of the day. His test was from 10 am to 4 pm so he really did great staying on task and getting it done. Thanks Colby for bringing us to Houston for a fun vacation!

After we got done with Colby's testing we decided to go to the Hyatt to see my old boss Chef Jean Moysan. He was my boss in Denver and he was the one that brought me to Houston. He was like a dad to me except instead of yelling at me in plain english, the shouting had a french accent. It was good to see him!

This is Jessie Gamboa, he was one of the sous chefs in the main kitchen and he was my good friend. I was really glad to see him again.

Here are the kids in the pastry shop where I worked every day! The Houston Hyatt was an interesting experience for me and I was really relieved when I didn't have to get up at 4 am anymore and to move on to bigger and better things.

After we got done at the Hyatt, we went to my friend Michele Harris's house for dinner and to catch up. Michele was in my ward in Houston and she was the first person to befriend me. In fact my very first week at church she invited me over for dinner. Her kids were so little then--I can't believe they are all grown up now except for Joshua who was their little "surprise"! Anyway, it was really fun to see her and her family.

On the way back to Kareena's we got stuck in I-10 traffic. I don't miss that about Houston! Colby and I sang Mamma Mia all the way back though and we really did have a great day.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

hey Ade! Gosh looks like you guys had a good time in Texas. What was Colby being tested for? Plus I didn't know you lived in Denver, if so I forgot, any super good places to go around here? Thanks for the LeeLou blog background, I saw yours and thought it was so cute so I had to go check it out and got me one.