Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cupcakes!

After the children's museum we met Jenny's husband Jon and went out to lunch. We went to a Thai restaurant that was so good. Even Colby loved it. I really love the variety and quality you can find in a big city. It was awesome and I was glad that I got to see Jon too!

I've been a little obsessed with cupcakes lately and lucky for me, Jenny knew about a couple swanky cupcake places in Houston that we could check out! They were pricey but delicious and fun. It just makes the cogs in my little brain start working and wondering if Blackfoot needs a little chefada type bakery with cupcakes and other such frivolous novelties. I am definitely adding cupcakes to my class schedule next summer because you can do so many fun things with them.

The first bakery we went to was called Sugar Babies. I thought their cupcake presentation was elegant and fun and so was the store itself. We ordered a Red Velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing and a chocolate covered cherry, a blackforest cupcake and a strawberry cupcake with strawberry buttercream. They were so rich that we only made it through 2 of them and had to pack the strawberry one to go!


Colby and I shared so we could taste each of them--yum!


Here are just a couple of pictures of the store and the cupcake case. I thought it was such a cute atmosphere.


Later that night colby and I went to another place called Crave. It was much more modern and all the cupcakes are frosted the same and then they either have a design placed on the top or sprinkles. We ordered the Dark Chocolate cupcake and it had dark chocolate frosting too. We shared it and both agreed that the cupcake at Crave was the best, but we liked designs at the other store better.


Here's Colby in front of the case and a few more pictures of the store.



No comments: