Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fair Time in Eastern Idaho

Saturday afternoon after the race we made it over to the fair for some classic fair fun. We had a good time wandering around taking silly pictures and checking everything out. By the end of the night my legs were so tired I was ready to die. I still managed to go grocery shopping with my mom though--thanks mom for the groceries. I don't know what I would do without my parents! They spoil us and it helps us out so much.

Here's my dad (Henry), and my sister Andrea giving a classic "Howe".

Colby and Hayley

Brett, me and Jolie

Here I am with a traditional Tiger Ear. For those of you that don't know it's a huge fried scone with cinnamon sugar and honey butter. They are delicious.

Here's Andy presenting the Blue ribbon pumpkin!


Grandpa and Jaxsen with Smokey Bear

Jax, Colby and Hayley in front of the petting zoo

Andy took all the kids on a little train ride--they loved it so she paid to go twice!


Jolie chillin in her stroller-- she was a good girl all day.


This llama looks a little like our dog Meatloaf so I took a picture of him too.


Here's Brett at the fair, he's so cool.


Lazy Colby wanted to be pushed around the entire fair. Lucky for him he had a willing grandma. I think Colby's been playing too many video games lately! Time for some exercise bud.

Here's dad with John Wayne and Jaxsen--They could be brothers! Too bad you forgot your hat dad! We had such a great weekend. Thanks for coming up to Blackfoot. Everything is definitely more fun and exciting with my family :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love fairs!! I want a Tiger Ear! YUM Fair food mmmmmmmm . . . .

SweetmamaK said...

Down here in the south we callem Elephant ears and it takes a year to eatem they are so big.
I love the pix of your mom and dad and cute Andy too. Jaxen is a cutie patootie too- Thanks for your fair blog, it was super dee duper cool- hey guess what? WRONG- I bought frenchy's today, I was in houston's historic fifth ward!

Highlights said...

They call them tiger ears here because it's a fundraising booth for the boy scouts! It must have started with "the tigers" back in the day. You are so in to that Kareena I thought you'd get a kick out of that information ;)

Micah and Jen said...

Looks like fun! We are headed over there tonight....me & my little wheelchair, oh fun! :) Anyhow, I love the fair and tiger ears and all that good stuff! Can't wait!!! So fun you took so many pictures and had fun family thre with you too!!! :)

Steph said...

lol