Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Green Monster

The quest for the perfect Green Monster started Monday...

This is the recipe for today's version:
2 cups packed fresh spinach
1 cup mixed frozen fruit (today ours had mango, peaches, strawberries and pineapple)
1/2 medium frozen banana
1 6 oz. Yoplait light fat free yogurt (strawberry today)
1 tsp honey
1 TB orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup 1% milk
1 cup water
1 cup ice

BLEND

I figure this one made four 6 oz. servings and if you care about WW points one serving was 1 point or the whole blender full of green goodness comes in at 5 points. I don't know if it would be a good idea to drink the whole batch at once because Brett also calls this concoction, "The Regulator." I know...TMI

I think this one was a little too sweet. Tomorrow I'm going to skip the orange juice concentrate and maybe the honey too because it didn't need it, and I'm going to add blueberries.

Colby drinking his vegetables--he's all about The Green Monster.

8 comments:

Julia said...

so, here's another version of that with a ww point o' 1.

1 12 oz. can fresca
1 c. spinach
1 c. frozen fruit (berries will generally cover up the green color)

sounds weird, but is actually quite tasty and refreshing.

laters my bunion-less friend!

Kari said...

This is great. I will be trying out on my kids this weekend.

SweetmamaK said...

hmm, I just bought arugula can I sub that for spinach? Also did it make you yack?

Joe and Victoria said...

mmmm.... sounds good!

Melissa said...

And why are we eating the "Green Monster?" I'd rather get something green with say...a green M&M.

Cory and Becca said...

yay...I am so proud of you !! :)

you can find more recipes here too:
http://greenmonstermovement.com/

Highlights said...

Kareena, We didn't yak...it's actually delicious. Not sure about the arugala--isn't arugala kind of peppery tasting?

Micah and Jen said...

I don't think I could stomach that! I think I got a little naseauted just reading it....but I have a VERY weak stomach! :) You're so awesome! :)
Also, thanks so much for your sweet comments you leave me. I love getting them! :) I thought about sending in my pics, but it says it's only for amateurs, which I am. However, I wanted to enter the fair this year, but they changed the divisions to "any money earned" is now a pro???? What? So I have to compete with Micha Wixom and Guggleman and Alyce Clegg???? Are you kidding me? I don't even make enough to cover most of my costs, I just do it to allow people around here who can't afford them to get some fun pictures that AREN'T from Sears. I was soooo mad! AFter that I wasn't sure if the paper would accept my work, as I do have a blogsite and make a little money. Okay, long soap box there, I'll get off it now! :) Thanks again though and I really appreciate all your support!!!!