Friday, September 4, 2009

Green Monster--Again

After five days of Green Monster mania I can honestly say that my cravings for treats is gone! I am feeling better and the number on the scale has gone down. Because I can't exercise like I want to right now, I really need to get my eating in check and this has been a great jump start for me. Next Friday I am going to see my doctor to have x-rays done again on my foot and if all goes well I should be able to wear shoes again and get out of this clunky boot. I'm really praying that it is healing just as it should. If I'm back in normal shoes next week I'm going to ask if I can start riding a bike at least--so we'll see.

My friend Becca is the one that first introduced us to the green goodness and she posted a comment on my last entry about a site where you can get more ideas for green smoothies. Here it is: http://greenmonstermovement.com/ I clicked on the recipes link on the right hand side and read quite a few submissions. I think I'm going to try some of them next week. I've only added protein powder once, because I usually eat something small with protein in it 2 or 3 hours after I have the monster. I think I might like using almond breeze etc...



Today's green monster turned brown with the addition of about 1/2 cup of blueberries and blueberry yogurt instead of stawberry. You may not believe me but it was delicious. Lots of yummy things are brown right? Like chocolate!

1 comment:

SweetmamaK said...

yes lots of yummy thigns are brown- but somethings like feces are brown too- Of course I will be trying it, I have to copy you in all things and in all places!