Sunday, April 26, 2009

Grateful

I had a GRATEFUL moment today in Sunday school. We were talking about mothers and things that we can do to be good mothers or BETTER mothers. Anyway, one of the main points was to be at the crossroads when your kids are coming and going. It made me reflect on my own childhood and how much I loved seeing my mom after school. She was the best mom and I just knew that whether I had a good day or a bad day, she would be there to hear about it.I loved that she was there even if we were just hanging out and watching cartoons. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to be home too. I feel really inadequate in some areas but all we can do is keep trying. I love my mom and I am grateful for my dad for supporting our family so she could stay home. I'm thankful also for Brett and his desire to do the same even if it means less snow mobile trips and truck parts! I'm glad to be a mother and for the wonderful challenge that it is. The kisses and hugs make it all worth it.
Anyway, I've reminded Brett about a billion times that Mother's Day is coming up. I wonder if he'll remember this year!

3 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

It is a blessing!- Hey great picture- it really captures their happiness.

Dara Stuart said...

Adrienne, I love your family. You are so cute and your mom is so sweet. Your kids are so fun, I would claim them as my own! I know exactly what you mean about having your mom around. I was also blessed and it meant a lot.

Micah and Jen said...

It was a great lesson! I really love the May's lessons....such a wonderful class experience! Your comments are always so great and I love learning from everyone! :) Andyou are such a great mommy.....don't worry, all us mom think we aren't good enough....if we did then there would seriously be something wrong with us! HUGS!