Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

We spent the weekend in Utah hunting for eggs and enjoying each other's company. It was fun to see all of my sisters and their families. We vistited the children's museum in Ogden on Friday and then headed to PF Chang's for lunch in Salt Lake. It was very fun. Colby also got to go see the Hannah Montana movie with his cousins and even though he might not admit it to his friends at school, HE LOVED IT. Brett and I also did some shopping for the weddings I have coming up. I bought a lot of stuff, including 30 pounds of chocolate--YUM!

Here's Jolie this morning after she discovered her basket from the Easter Bunny. She can say "candy" now--very clearly. As you can see, Meatloaf was ready to help her with anything she might have needed.

Here's a picture of the annual Easter egg hunt at my mom and dad's. That's my sister Hilerie and her daughter Emily and Colby looking for more surprises.

Colby with most of his Easter loot.

Here's Jolie getting the hang of the Easter hunt with her daddy.

I just want to mention how grateful I am for Easter and for the Atonement. I am extremely thankful for my Saviour and the sacrifice he made for all of us so that we might return to live with our Father in Heaven. It has been such a blessing and a comfort in my life.

This afternoon we went to the park because it was so nice outside. Jolie walked Meatloaf for the first time with the leash and it was so cute! She loved the slide too and swinging with Colby. Colby raced around on his scooter for a little while and then played with Jolie. It was a great day.

3 comments:

Alysia Cook said...

Happy Easter!!! We went for a family bike ride because it was so nice yesterday. Kaylee said it was the best Easter she's ever had (dramatically).

And, hey, 6 miles!!!!! You rock!! That is AWESOME!!! I am a little jealous but way proud of you!!!

Micah and Jen said...

mmmmm...chocolate and P.F. Chang's....those two things alone make for a great weekend! :) Glad you had a good time visiting with your family! :)

SweetmamaK said...

I've still never been to PF Changs. I am now coveting your easter fun!
The little Joely is adorable, I love her chocolate face and mr. meatloaf right there for droppings. GOOD DOG!