Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Inspiration


Today after school I asked Colby if he was able to watch the Presidential Inauguration. He said that they got to watch the whole thing, which really impressed me. Anyway, I asked him what he thought about it and he said it was really "cool." Then he stopped for a second and he said, "Mom did your eyes get watery when you were watching President Obama speak?" I said, "yeah" and he said--"me too." I thought that was so neat. I am really happy that he had that experience and shared it with me. We were both really touched. President Obama's words were inspiring and it was incredible to be able to share in that historic moment even if I was in my living room and not on the National Mall! I hope that Obama does well even though I didn't vote for him and that we can be proud and supportive of him as our President. I know I already am because he was willing to take upon himself the most stressful and prominent position in our nation. He's got a big job ahead of him! I'm proud to be an American and grateful that our country is moving forward. Congratulations Mr. President!

4 comments:

Allison Claire said...

That is really cool about Colby! I am so excited about our new President! I really like what you wrote! :) I agree completely!

Micah and Jen said...

Sadly I didn't get to watch any of it....I really on get PBS on my TV and with all these kids I don't get a minute to watch anything I want! :) Yay for doors! I bet you were so happy and to have some family up to visit is always so great!

jamieleighcall said...

That's so neat you guys had a moment like that. I'm also cheering President Obama on. I plopped the kids in front of the tv with me and we watched it together. Afterward Ben and Emma were clapping and saying "Yea, for President Obama!!" It was really cute.

Alysia Cook said...

Colby is such a good kid!!! I haven't been to your blog (or anyone else's) for a long time. I am glad I got to catch up today. You are the best, and so great at posting stuff. Go Adrienne!!!