Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Doors

For those of you who have visited, you know that the doors on my front two bedrooms have been off for TWO YEARS. This started because of a remodeling project back in 2007. It turned into a standing joke with some of my friends. "Adrienne are the doors on yet?," was a common question that was asked repeatedly and "NO" was always the answer!
Well my parents came up for the weekend, and my dad came along with the sole purpose of getting the doors put on. Brett has obviously had no desire to do it, and my dad thought he would be nice and come help out. Brett said he "wasn't ready to hang the doors," and he was a jerk about it but luckily we got it done anyway. What's up with husbands sometimes! I was wrong in thinking that he would be happy about the help. I felt bad for my parents.


Colby is getting old enough that he needs a little privacy, and a door is necessary to keep Jolie out of his stuff! Jolie really needed a door too so that she could nap in her room, and let's just say it out loud, bedrooms should have doors and two years was too long. Thanks family for your help!

6 comments:

Allison Claire said...

Come on Brett! I am glad you have the doors! Happy day! :)

SweetmamaK said...

The Doors, I always loved that band!

The WIlloughby Family said...

I hope Brett doesn't read your blog...seriously I have had a basket of laundry waiting to be folded for over a week. I simply don't want to do it. I know how he feels!!

Highlights said...

Jessica I hope he does read my blog! If your laundry had been sitting for two years then maybe you would have a valid argument for him...and there is no excuse that I would take for him being rude to my parents especially when they were trying to help us out.

Steph said...

The saga of the doors....chapter closed. Feels good doesn't it! Dad is so great to want to help out his girls. I sure appreciate every little thing he does for us too.

These are the Days. . . said...

Thank heaven for Dads! Mine fixes everything with duct tape and twine string. He is a genius with that stuff! (I try not to encourage it.) Congrats on your new doors!