Halloween this year was AWESOME. I pity the folks that don't dig the day of the dead--seriously it's all just for fun. I think it sounds better in
Spanish--El
dia los muertos! Now I want some salsa. I love the candy too--and doughnuts, both of which seem to be abundant on H-ween. If you don't like candy or Halloween, I don't want to know about it.
Anyway...Halloween started out with a spin class at 5:15 a.m. Yes I know that is crazy. I enjoyed it though because I was there with my new
BFF Dara. How can you go wrong with a friend that will text you at 4:45 am to make sure you get to the gym? I say she's a keeper. Our instructor gave us a can of TUNA for showing up. She said it was both a trick and a treat. I'm going to give mine to Brett.
I cam home from spin and my whole family was up! We got ready for the day and took Colby to school and then headed to
Pocatello for Jolie's 1 year visit with the doctor. She did a lot better this time with her shots--and so did Brett! After that we went to Costco and then came home. We went over to the spook parade at Colby's school around 1:30 and got Colby and Jolie ready to show off their costumes. I love that Colby still loves Halloween. He WAS Batman when he put his costume on. It was so great.

Jolie was a little monkey--here she is with her daddy!

I'm Batman!

Look at those muscles!!

Parading around the school with some other "poser" Batman!

We went to a trunk or treat at 6 with the Cook's and then Brett ran around the neighborhood with Colby from house to house while I followed,
shuttling the sleeping monkey around. After that we ran out to
Groveland to my friend Jenny's house. She put a haunted house together in her husband's shop and it was crazy awesome. She did such a good job--It was scary! We had a treat and then came home and watched a movie. The highlight was definitely the haunted house! We had such a fun day!
8 comments:
Love Halloween here at our house too....seriously, can't go wrong with a holiday all about candy!!! So fun to see you at Jen's for the spook alley...so fun!
love haunted houses, cute little monkey.
So cute! Glad you had a good time!
I'm so glad you had a REAL Halloween complete with a parade at school and such. So many people I've talked to can't even call their school parties a Halloween Party. It's a Fall festival or something lame like that, and you can forget wearing your costumes to school. People get worked up and offended over the weirdest things.
Your kids looked cute and I'm impressed with the 5:15 spin class! I've done a 5:45, but never 5:15!
Cute monkey and seriously those other batmen, were posers. Alice had a Halloween Party at school, but the boys were too "old" We did have fun trick or treating and going to a halloween party. Another friend of mine had her daughter be the same monkey, I guess it's all the rage.
LOVE the costumes! Tuna is a great idea, by the way. I'll have to remember that for next year. Our neighbors handed out wheat Sun Chips. Much better than a full Snickers bar! Good for you for being so diligent with your workouts. You're so inspiring! Are you still in for the SLC 1/2 April 18th? My two sisters, sister-in-law, and another friend want to do it too. I would love you to join us!
hey addrienne. so I use your recipies all the time, the rolls, pies etc. I was wondering if you have any other great quick meal recipees I'm dieing here from eating the same thing all the time Bev. Your kids are adorable
I love your little monkey and superhero!
Post a Comment