Saturday, October 24, 2009

Colby's 10th Birthday Party!

Today was a great day hands down! Colby's tenth birthday is on Sunday so he got to celebrate with his class at school and we had a big birthday party at our house this afternoon.Colby wanted Monster Cookies so I made a bunch of big ones and took them over. Colby and I passed them out and then they chowed down! I thought it was fun to see Colby smiling as the center of attention--he can be a real cheese when he wants to be.
Our party theme was basically redneck Monsters vs. Aliens. All of the kids got red Rambo head bands, moustaches and tribal arm band tattoos. I was really going out on a limb and hoping that I wouldn't offend any parents, and I think we were just fine....



We started with a mini boot camp which consisted of push-ups, weaving through tires, a balance beam, sit-ups, army crawl, ball toss, and a bow and arrow shoot. The kids loved it! After they passed boot camp and my Simon says test, they were all rewarded with a potato gun.

Then it was on--a full on potato pellet war ensued. It was hilarious!


After some delicious pizza pizza, the mini-generals got to take a whack at the giant pinata. Even Jolie got in on the action, and Brett finished the job!


Here is our "BOB" cake. This is what 5 hours, 5 chocolate sheet cakes, 15 stacked layers with caramel fudge butter cream and chocolate ganache, and quite a lot of blue marshmallow fondant gets you--a very fun Bob cake and a super excited little boy! I was so happy with how he turned out, and he tasted delicious too!


Here's Colby at the end of the party opening his gifts. We had twelve boys at the party, a package from Colby's mom and dad in Washington, a present from grandma and grandpa Yancey and a gift from Brett and I so I'm sure you can imagine the loot that covered our living room! Colby was grateful for everything--so thanks everyone! We had a great time and Colby said..."I'm going to remember this party for the rest of my life!" haha! Success.

7 comments:

Latter-day Runner said...

What an amazing cake and what a fun party!

Joe and Victoria said...

that looks like fun! what a great cake!!

Kellee said...

Your blog picture at the very top--sooo cute! Did you take it yourself? I love it.

Highlights said...

My sister-in-law took it! She took some really fun ones! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap...the cake is Awesome!!!!

Melissa said...

Gregg had a fantastic time at Colby's party..thanks for inviting him. And that cake is AMAZING! You are one talented lady!

Kari said...

what a fun party idea. where did you get the potato guns?