Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tarts! Sweet and Savory

Today was my first class at Rush's Kitchen Supply. I had a wonderful time and the class was a hit!


This was the class description:

In this class you will make both sweet and savory tarts. Our fresh fruit tart will include a chocolate painted Pate Sucre shell filled with a lightened pastry cream and topped with fresh fruit. You will learn how to make each element of this elegant dessert and will finish it with a glossy apricot glaze. You'll learn a wide range of techniques including making and rolling the perfect tart crust, tempering eggs for our pastry cream and melting chocolate. For our savory tart, we will make a Pate Brise dough and create a delicious quiche. The foundations of this class will help you explore and create other culinary delights.



Everything turned out great, and I was really impressed with the students in my class. They created beautiful tartlets and caught on quickly to everything I presented. I am excited to teach more classes at Rush's and will be included regularly on their fall class schedule!

9 comments:

Steph said...

WAY TO GO ADE! Sounds fantastic. So glad you are able to do what you love and have others benefit from your talents. Love you!

Joe and Victoria said...

Ade that looks delish! I am so glad that you are doing something you LOVE!

Yennigirl said...

TARTS! One of my favorite things in the world! I love that you can have a whole meal based on tarts. YUM! Must have some NOW! I wish we lived closer!

jamieleighcall said...

Adrienne, you are amazing! My mouth is watering just reading the class description and looking at the pics! Wish you were here in SL so I could take a class from you.

Micah and Jen said...

I am so excited for you to be able to do what you love and are soooo good at! :) Someady maybe I'll get to learn a little of it! Oh, cute family photo on top! :) I long to see "green" again and not just white and gray! :)

Julia said...

why don't you live be ME?!? then I could benefit from your many talents. seriously, Ade, i need some of your culinary expertise.

Cory and Becca said...

I knew you would do great...you are a SUPERSTAR!! :)

Cory and Becca said...

by the way..that food looks sososoosso delicious!! I could gobble it up right now!!--I need that recipe :)!

Highlights said...

Disclaimer: I forgot to take my camera so I found some pictures on the internet that would best represent what we did in class...just FYI!