Monday, May 5, 2008

Last Week...

Well the week started out with beautiful weather...Jolie and I even took our first 5 mile run together on the green belt at Jensen's Grove. She slept through most of the ride in her jogging stroller. It was fun! (but definitely more challenging than running solo). Thursday was May 1st, and we were back to blizzrd weather. Here are some pictures out the front and back doors of our house. We got at least 6 inches. Colby was convinced that they were going to cancel school. They didn't, and he was so bummed out! I have to admit it made me sad too. I am really tired of being inside. Maybe this week spring will come!



Friday we went to Colby's Hall of Fame assembly. He received the student of the month award from his teacher, Mrs. Taylor. Good Job Colby! He also got a $5.00 gift card for 50 in a minute which is the math program they have at his school. They are rewarded for reaching different levels on timed math tests and Colby is on fractions and division I think ;) He's doing great, but he's ready for summer break!

After the assembly Jolie and I went to Alysia's house to make Strawberry Freezer Jam. We made SIX batches and it was really fun just to hang out. I made some rolls later and took half over to their house so we could both sample the finished product on fresh bread yum :) Thanks Alysia for letting us come over to play in your kitchen!


Saturday morning I got up early to go running. Unfortunately, no one showed up from the running club so I pounded it solo again. I had such a great run though. Four miles turned into five then six. It was just so nice to be outside and I was feeling good. It was one of those days where I remembered why I like it so much. I've been a little burned out since the race, and trying to think of ways to keep myself pumped up about staying fit. Anyway, when I got home, I found Jolie with her daddy in the kitchen having some breakfast. This is what it looked like haha! I said where's the BIB? But really, I can clean up this mess with pleasure especially after a little break for myself. She is so cute.
Later, we ran errands, had a picnic, a little nap, and a trip to Idaho Falls. We came home and made fajitas and watched The Water Horse.
Sunday was a beautiful day! We went to church and then Grandpa Dean came over for dinner. After that the baby had a little nap and then we went to the park to go for a walk. The stroller had a flat--sad. We still made it around the lake and the loop and then we went and visited some friends and called it a night!

3 comments:

Alysia Cook said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend. Jolie looks just like Colby in that picture except girlie.

Micah and Jen said...

You've been a busy girl! LOVE freezer jam....almost sounds like summer time! :) Yay for Colby! And Jolie...she is just too darling! :)

Steph said...

I love that picture of messy Jolie! Colby you are awesome!

Love you!