We took a little trip to Logan last month for my sister-in-law's birthday and it was awesome! It was just me and the kidlets because Brett had a snowmobiling trip planned. We left on Saturday afternoon and took a bunch of desserts for the party. I didn't tell the kids we were staying in a hotel until we got there! I really wanted to reward Colby for his grades and I knew that he would freak out if he got to go swimming, watch cable tv and have breakfast at a hotel. We stopped at the Pepperidge Farm factory on the way into town (that was the first surprise) and I let the kids pick out some Goldfish treats. They loved it and I was so glad that they thought it was cool!
We went to Kara Lee's house and dropped off our desserts and then Colby and I went and checked into The Holiday Inn. It was a nice palce and such a great deal for fifty bucks! We were so excited! I tell ya...sometimes it is just a treat to get out of Blackfoot and do something fun. Then we went back to Kara and Scott's for the party. It was great! I really wanted Kara to have a nice birthday and I think that we pulled it off. We all had a great time and it was fun to visit with everyone.
We left the party, went to Kohl's and then we headed back to the hotel for some fun. We went swimming and hot tubbing and then we all climbed into the super comfy king sized bed and watched cartoons until the little kids fell asleep! Then Colby and I watched a movie until we were ready to pass out too. The next morning we went down and had omelets, and bacon and juice and bunch of other stuff and then we went swimming AGAIN with Dane and Kara Lee. We had such a great time together. I really love my kids.
 |
| Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes and Chocolate Mint Cupcakes with Chocolate Swiss Meringue Buttercream |
 |
| Chocolate Fondue Served with fresh fruit, cream puffs, brownie bites, and rice krispy balls--yum! |
 |
| Our spread! |
 |
| All the great guests! Jolie wouldn't look at the camera! The birthday girl is the pretty one in the middle with the short sleeved gray shirt...Happy 30th Kara! We love you! |
 |
| Look at this guy! He is so crazy cute. He was drooling like crazy and was probably ready to go swimming (just like Colby!) |
 |
| Colby and Jolie partying in the pool! It was too cold for this whimpy mom--I guess that means I'm getting old! Oh well! |
 |
| Luke ready to swim too! |
1 comment:
Man - you go all out for birthdays in your family!! Everything looks delicious as usual! I wish you were close to GA. :)
Post a Comment