Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Color of the Day Is....

We absolutely love going to story time at the Snake River Library. It's about a fifteen minute drive from our house, but it is well worth the trip. Every week they do songs, stories and a craft and Jolie loves it, especially the craft. Lately she has been paying attention a lot better instead of running around so I'm enjoying it more too. The library is inside the high school and also functions as the community library. The librarians are amazing out there and really try to foster the interests of the kids and adults who use the library.

Going to story time really takes me back to when Colby was little too. He was such a cute toddler. In Houston we went to the libraries in Spring Branch (we still love you Mrs. Chow) and Bellaire. In Austin we went a few different places too. Colby has definitely inherited my love of reading, and I hope the other two follow suit! Jolie is well on her way. I think being a good reader is extremely important, it builds a good foundation for everything!

Cute Jolie!
The kids listening to Miss Peggy, she is holding Meeka the Monkey who is the story time mascot

Luke and I hanging out on the comfy couch just enjoying story time haha!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I keep thinking I need to take my kiddos out there to it....I just hate going anywhere with all 3 by myself....feels like I am a wee bit outnumbered! :) Your kiddos are soooo cute! :)

Aimee said...

your kids are adorable!