Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pastry II Class at Rush's

I taught a pastry class at Rush's yesterday and I LOVED it. We made cream puffs eclairs, swans, chocolate pastry cream and both a strawberry and a vanilla sauce. I also taught them some various plate painting techniques and we had a ball!

Here's a picture of Alex Constantino and I after class. Alex is the owner of Rush's and he gets all of our ingredients, preps with me and assists me during class. He is a great person and I feel so happy that I get to work with him.

Here's one of the plate presentations I did for the class--I call it "Two Swimming Swans in LOVE" haha!

This is Brandon and he is such a nice kid. He just started his first year of college, and he works part-time at Rush's. He gets to clean the kitchen after class and always helps me with whatever I need, so I always try to make sure there's dessert for him.

This is one of my returning students, Lee. Lee's wife Britany sends him to cooking class so he can make her delicious things to eat. I talked to her on the phone after class yesterday and she asked me if I would please teach him to make truffles, tiramisu, marzipan and fondant. I said--no problem! She totally has a good system going if you ask me hahaha!

Here's a close up of Lee's pastry plate. He bought all of the supplies he needed to make everything at home and a crepe maker too. Like I said, Britany's got it pretty good!

2 comments:

Latter-day Runner said...

Love the swimming swans!

Kellee said...

You are incredible! I struggle to think of something to cook for dinner and you're making beautiful swans!