We had fruit tartlets, chocolate mint brownies, and chocolate covered strawberries on this stand. The chocolate mint brownies were the favorite at my house, and I was glad that the leftovers went home with the Taylor's because we would have gobbled them all up.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Taylor Wedding
I was fortunate to be able to cater a wedding last night for Jessica Taylor. Mrs. Taylor was Colby's second grade teacher and she asked me a few months ago to do the food for the reception. Anyway, everything worked out great. I had Jessi help me again with the finishing work and she did a great job. Jessi's mom Pat and another good friend of ours, Debbie were both there to help at the reception too. Thanks to them I was home before 10 pm! They were all wonderful and we had a fun time together. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted because everything started pretty quickly after we were set up! Pat got some though so hopefully I can get those from her, I just couldn't wait for the blog!
The menu this time was similar to the last wedding. I made eclairs again and added swans. Swans are made from the same dough, pate a choux, and then you add a piped head and neck.
The swans were a hit, but I did overhear one sweet little grandma say, "Oh look at those cute little ducks!" I loved it!
The colors this time were pink and brown so I did pink designs on the eclairs and chocolate covered strawberries.

We had fruit tartlets, chocolate mint brownies, and chocolate covered strawberries on this stand. The chocolate mint brownies were the favorite at my house, and I was glad that the leftovers went home with the Taylor's because we would have gobbled them all up.
We made several fresh fruit platters and there were crescent cookies that were made by a friend of the family's too. I also made cream cheese mints, but I didn't get a picture! I'm really having fun with the catering and I'm grateful for the support that my good husband has been during production and at the actual events. He's been a great dad too, taking care of Jolie (his little shadow now), and playing with Colby at Pride Days and baseball games etc... so I can get my work done. Many thanks to my sweet friends too who are so complimentary and supportive also. I feel lucky to have such good people in my life.
We had fruit tartlets, chocolate mint brownies, and chocolate covered strawberries on this stand. The chocolate mint brownies were the favorite at my house, and I was glad that the leftovers went home with the Taylor's because we would have gobbled them all up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
you are awesome and talented! all those treats are making my mouth water...especially those mint brownies~!! yummy! we must go to a bakery when i come visit! :)
you are awesome! Everything looks great and I'm sure it tastes even better :)
Ahh...I wish you were here so I could pay you to make me cream puffs. I still dream about them after all these years!
I'm bringing my LARGE purse to your next catering event! So awesome! I loved the little ducks comment...your swans are just as I remembered. You're hired!
you are beyond awesome! Too bad I didn't know you when I was getting married! :) But....I have a 30th Birthday coming up in August that I told Micah I wanted a big party for....we'll see if it happens....but maybe he could use your help. Those swans are AMAZING!!!!
Joely just told me she liked the quack quacks!
Great work!
are you kidding me?! I cannot believe you made swans. You are so talented and looking at the pictures makes me hungry!
Post a Comment