My dad called me up right before the weekend and asked if he could come up and camp out in our backyard with Colby. Colby got a really nice sleeping bag from his mom and dad (Nikkei and John) for Christmas and my dad got him a lot of gear to go with it. He gave him a dry bag cover, a fleece liner, and some pads that go under it so you're more comfortable sleeping on the ground. He gave him a bunch of stuff to take camping too, like a flashlight, some fire starter etc...
My parents ended up bringing all of my sister's kids. All of them. So, we had ten kids running around, Grandma and Grandpa and my sister Andy! We had dinner when they got here Friday night and they set up the tent and got their sleeping bags ready. In the morning we had breakfast...Homemade hot chocolate to defrost everyone (it was 13 degrees when the kids started coming in the house!), we also had pancakes with buttermilk syrup, scrambled eggs, and bacon.
I felt so lucky that I got to go to the gym with Andy. We ran, and lifted upper body. I sure love it when we get to spend time together. I wish we lived closer. I would love to have her as a workout partner everyday! Anyway, when we got home it was lunch time so we fed everyone and got things cleaned up. Then we hung out for awhile, which was surprising because usually my dad gets up and gets ready to GO! I was glad they came for a visit and I think everyone had a great time!
 |
| Jolie next to Grandpa...she lasted about three minutes before she started complaining. She wanted Grandpa out of her sleeping bag, which was actually his sleeping bag. She was too hot! She came in the house and watched movies and slept with Grandma. |
 |
| Colby, Ty and Emily getting ready for bed! Emily and Grandpa were the last ones to come in the house the next morning! |
 |
| Jaxson, Hayley and Ali snuggled in |
 |
| Lily coming up the stairs, she had to sleep in the house with her mama. |
 |
| Grandpa and Jax in the morning. It was a bright sunny day but woe--it was so cold in the morning! |
 |
| Grandma helping too |
No comments:
Post a Comment