Here's a new recipe you might want to try! It turned out great and my family really liked it. I think it's a great base that you could vary with a bunch of different things or even make vegetarian. Mostly I just thought it was fun to use the egg roll wrappers!
Baked Chicken Chimichangas
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can of corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups shredded cheese (I used queso fresco and medium cheddar)
Mince the following (I used the food processor):
2 whole serrano peppers (use less if you don't want it to be spicey)
4 green onions
1/2 a bunch of fresh cilantro
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt or a little more to taste
1 package egg roll wrappers
First, combine all of the ingredients.
Place 1/4 cup of the mixture in the center of your egg roll wrapper
Wet the corners of the wrapper with a little bit of water.
When I made the first fold, I squished the filling toward me with the wrapper.
Fold both sides in and then....
Roll it up! Set the finished rolls on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
Turn them over about halfway through so both sides brown.
I think this is a great one to make with your kids. Unfortunately I couldn't get Colby off of his skype chat with Isaac to help me this time so maybe next time! This batch filled 14 rolls.
4 comments:
Awesome, Ade!! You should post recipes more often for those of us who are culinarily challenged.
Yummy - I will definitely be trying it. I have an egg roll recipe from allrecipes.com that I love - it is fun to use egg roll wraps....and I have always baked them - some people have never thought of that before.
ok, so clearly i haven't checked your blog for awhile. i love that you're putting recipes up.
mwah!
What a great idea! Thanks for the share!
Post a Comment