Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Christmas

I was really anticipating Christmas this year until I found out Brett had to work and then I got the stomach flu. We still made the best of it and celebrated on Christmas Eve. I really enjoyed watching the kids, but I felt awful all day--I was so sick. Luckily no one else caught it.

On Christmas Day I took the kids to Utah for the weekend to see my family. We had fun seeing everyone and at the Spry Family Christmas party, but I felt bad that Brett was at work. Colby flew to Spokane the day after Christmas too so he could spend some time with his family there, so it was just Jolie and I after that!


Here are a few shots of Colby and Jolie opening presents! They really had fun. I loved it when Jolie opened her Mrs. Potato Head Silly Suitcase...She yelled "TOYS!" It was so cute.

Jolie wasn't interested in opening her presents because they were wrapped in Sesame Street Paper. She went for Colby's gifts that were in wrapped in Sponge Bob paper. Colby was really cute with her and he just let her do what she wanted until everything was open. He is a great brother!


I really am grateful for the Christmas season. I love teaching my kids about Christ and the reason we celebrate his birth. Even though everything wasn't ideal this year ON Christmas I am still happy that we got to celebrate as a family and be together.

No comments: