Monday, December 10, 2007

Adrienne's Birthday

I turned 31 on Friday--I can't believe that I'm in my thirty-somethings. It's not so bad! Anyway, we had a great weekend. First I got to go to lunch with my girlfriends! Then later that night my sister Hilerie arrived in Blackfoot in time for Birthday Cake. Saturday we went to Colby's last Junior Jazz basketball game and then to Bubba's BBQ. It was great!

Here's the cake!


Here's the Baker! Brett did a great job on the cake, it was so delicious!



Here's me with the Baker and the cake!


Getting ready to make a wish....

Jolie was sleeping :)
Here's Hilerie...thanks for coming to visit!

Emily and Spencer came too!


This is Colby and Spencer having breakfast. Spencer wanted to do whatever Colby did. It was really cute!

This was my birthday cake request. Brett did such a good job that he'll be baking again next year on my birthday for sure. Thanks Babe!

Pineapple Carrot Cake
2 cups sugar
2-1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1-1/4 cups oil
4 eggs
2 cups packed carrot shavings
2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
Directions: Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix until combined. Pour in a greased and floured 9 x 13" pan. Bake at 300 degrees for one hour. Cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla
2 pounds powdered sugar
2 TBS milk as necessary
Directions:
Cream the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Add half the powdered sugar and then more until it reaches your desired consistency.

3 comments:

Allison Claire said...

Cute pictures! The cake looks like it turned out good...too bad was not gluten-free. Then you would be having a real treat! haha! lol You look good on your b-day. :) Your hair is getting so long Ade!

Alysia Cook said...

I am so glad you had such a fun birthday because you deserve it!!!!!

Jamie said...

I didn't know your birthday was in December, mine was on the 10th. You look so good. Glad you had a great birthday. oh yeah, sorry I missed your call I was changing Brooklyn but thanks so much for calling. That was so nice. I will have to try and call you sometime when both kids aren't screaming. Wish we lived by you guys. we miss you Ade.