Wednesday, February 22, 2012

More Random Yancey Fun...

Have you noticed that the moustache is kind of in right now? Well here's Luke with a moustache--he sports it so handsomely! I think I popped it out of a happy meal box in St. George on our way back from California. Good times!

This was awhile ago--but too funny! He was checking himself out in the mirror. Notice that his shirt says "cool"!

This is how I found Jolie and Luke sleeping/snuggling one morning

This is the birthday cupcake that Jolie frosted and decorated for her toy elephant "Elephee". We celebrated big time as soon as Jolie told us it was his birthday.

On Thanksgiving I ran a 10K with my sister Andy. It was so fun! My only complaint is that  I wish she were my running partner on a regular basis! We ran a comfortable talking pace and ended up at about 1:01. It was the perfect way to start the day. Hilerie (middle) ran the 5k with her son Ty, my mom, Hayley, and Colby!

This is our whole group! Andy was able to register most of us through eBay. She has worked in HR in Draper for a year and a half and they do the coolest stuff for their employees. They gave us the funny turkey hats and the drumstick headbands. We loved it.

Colby and I after the race! I'm so glad that he was able to come and run his second 5k. He did great.

Yes I'm a nerd--here's a self portrait via camera phone/mirror ha ha!

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Buttercream...for a Valentine order. I decorated these with pink sparkles, pearls and heart sprinkles.

Jolie: Mom, can I make a snowman?
Me: Yes! Let's get your snowing clothes on (that's what Jolie calls boots, gloves, etc..)
Jolie: Mom, I made a snowman, can I have a carrot for his nose?
Me: YES!
Isn't this snowman irresistible!

We got creative with some felt, googley eyes, and some goldfish crackers after that...Jolie was so excited. Jolie loves the snow. She doesn't seem to get cold, and she loves to stomp and make tracks. She asked Brett to teach her how to make a snowball this year too. She cracks me up.

1 comment:

Latter-day Runner said...

Colby looks great as a turkey head!