Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Jolie-isms

Last night when I got home from work, Brett told me this little Jolie Joke. Here it is for your entertainment: She said: "Dad, do you know why the squirrels run around the church?" Brett said, "No, why?" (expecting a big punch line). Then Jolie said: "Cause." and giggled.

She also gives a lot of compliments that in her mind might not be compliments. She has been telling all of us in turn that we are geniuses. I said, "Jolie what does genius mean? Does it mean that you are really smart?" She said, "no, it means that you're stinky." She also called me a poo poo face about a half hour ago. What to do what to do? She's a feisty little 3 year old!

One of the latest ones that I've enjoyed is when she tells me that I'm clever. Just last week we were in the kitchen and I got a: "Mom you're so clever!" Yes, yes...I'd like to think that I am. The other day she said to Brett, "You're one big Beaver Dad!" We laughed and it took me a few minutes to remember that it's a quote from "Brother Bear". I guess as far as movie quoting goes, it is safe to say that she is my daughter and Colby's sister.

Anyway, even though she throws a lot of fits, uses potty words like poop, and makes constant messes, she really is a delight. She makes us laugh everyday. She loves books, playing outside, playing with Colby, going with dad anywhere, and helping mom.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I LOVE toddler "jokes"!!! What a cutie!